Cardiovascular epidemiology and genetics Roberto Elosua
REGICOR study (Registre Gironí del COR)
- to analyze trends in MI incidence rate, mortality rate, population and hospitalary case-fatality;
- to determine the impact of the new definition of MI in the year 2001 in the different indicators mentioned above;
- to analyze trends in the socio-demographic and clinical characteristics and in the prognosis of MI patients through 1978 to 2006;
- to determine the effectiveness of different treatments currently used in the acute phase of MI;
- to implement statistical methods to analyze this effectiveness, such as the propensity score;
- to extend the population-based registry to those older than 74 years.