Laboratory of Neuropharmacology
Rafael Maldonado López
The Laboratory of Neuropharmacology (NeuroPhar) is a UPF research group associated with the IMIM. NeuroPhar studies the neurobiological substrate of drug addiction, pain, cognitive deficits, affective and eating disorders. The main interest of this research group is the development of research lines aimed at the identification of new therapeutic targets in the central nervous system.
The Laboratory of Neuropharmacology is particularly interested in the involvement of the endogenous opioid and cannabinoid systems in these pathological processes.
Main Publications with IMIM
• Ramon-Duaso C, Gener T, Consegal M, Fernández-Avilés C, Gallego JJ, Castarlenas L, Swanson MS, de la Torre R, Maldonado R, Puig MV, Robledo P. Methylphenidate Attenuates the Cognitive and Mood Alterations observed in Mbnl2 Knockout mice and Reduces Microglia Overexpression. Cereb Cortex 2019; 29(7): 2978-2997. IF 5.437. Q1.
• Martínez-Navarro M, Lara-Mayorga IM, Negrete R, Bilecki W, Wawrzczak-Bargieła A, Gonçalves L, Dickenson AH, Przewłocki R, Baños JE, Maldonado R. Influence of behavioural traits in the inter-individual variability of nociceptive, emotional and cognitive manifestations of neuropathic pain. Neuropharmacology 2019; 148: 291-304. IF 4.367. Q1.
• Carcolé Estrada, M. Role of the sigma-1 receptor in the pathophysiology of osteoarthritis pain. Universitat Pompeu Fabra
- Directors: Maldonado López, Rafael; Cabañero, D
- Date of defense: 5/12/2019