Consulting Service on Methodology for Biomedical Research
The objective of the Consulting Service on Methodology for Biomedical Research (AMIB) is to offer support on methodology and statistics applied to biomedical research to investigators of Parc de Salut Mar (PSMAR) health care centers and IMIM.
The services offered are:
• Consultation regarding protocol design
• Sample size estimation
• Creation of randomization lists
• Design, management and quality control of data bases
• Statistical analysis
• Report writing
• Consulting on presentations and publications
Consultation by IMIM research programme 2019
Consultations by PSMAR centers 2019
AMIB members have appeared in the author lists of articles in a total of 20 publications and those with the highest impact factor are highlighted:
• Marco E, Sánchez-Rodríguez D, Dávalos-Yerovi VN, Duran X, Pascual EM, Muniesa JM, Rodríguez DA, Aguilera-Zubizarreta A, Escalada F, Duarte E. Malnutrition according to ESPEN consensus predicts hospitalizations and long-term mortality in rehabilitation patients with stable chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Clin Nutr 2019; 38(5): 2180-2186. IF 6.402. Q1.
• Sánchez-Rodríguez D, Marco E, Ronquillo-Moreno N, Maciel-Bravo L, Gonzales-Carhuancho A, Duran X, Guillén-Solà A, Vázquez-Ibar O, Escalada F, Muniesa JM. ASPEN-AND-ESPEN: A postacute-care comparison of the basic definition of malnutrition from the American Society of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition and Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics with the European Society for Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism definition. Clin Nutr 2019; 38(1): 297-302. IF 6.402. Q1.
• Sánchez-Rodríguez D, Marco E, Schott AM, Rolland Y, Blain H, Vázquez-Ibar O, Escalada F, Duran X, Muniesa JM, Annweiler C. Malnutrition according to ESPEN definition predicts long-term mortality in general older population: Findings from the EPIDOS study-Toulouse cohort. Clin Nutr 2019; 38(6): 2652-2658. IF 6.402. Q1.
• Hardy-Werbin M, Rocha P, Arpí O, Taus Á, Nonell L, Durán X, Villanueva X, Joseph-Pietras D, Nolan L, Danson S, Griffiths R, López-Botet M, Rovira A, Albanell J, Ottensmeier C, Arriola E. Serum cytokine levels as predictive biomarkers of benefit from ipilimumab in small cell lung cancer. Oncoimmunology 2019; 8(6): e1593810. IF 5.333. Q1.
• Dávalos-Yerovi V, Marco E, Sánchez-Rodríguez D, Guillen-Solà A, Duran X, Pascual EM, Muniesa JM, Escalada F, Duarte E. Sarcopenia According to the Revised European Consensus on Definition and Diagnosis (EWGSOP2) Criteria Predicts Hospitalizations and Long-Term Mortality in Rehabilitation Patients With Stable Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. J Am Med Dir Assoc 2019; 20(8): 1047-1049. IF 4.899. Q1.
• Gómez-Martín I, Moreno S, Duran X, Pujol RM, Segura S. Diagnostic Accuracy of Non-melanocytic Pink Flat Skin Lesions on the Legs: Dermoscopic and Reflectance Confocal Microscopy Evaluation. Acta Derm Venereol 2019; 99(1): 33-40. IF 3.531. Q1.
• Hernández-Ruiz E, Hernández-Muñoz I, Masferrer E, Ferrándiz-Pulido C, Andrades E, Gimeno J, Duran X, García-Patos V, Pujol RM, Toll A. A Myxoid Fibrotic Reaction Pattern is Associated with Metastatic Risk in Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Acta Derm Venereol 2019; 99(1): 89-94. IF 3.531. Q1.
• Roviralta-Vilella M, Moreno-Poyato AR, Rodríguez-Nogueira Ó, Duran-Jordà X, Roldán-Merino JF; MiRTCIME.CAT Working Group. Relationship between the nursing practice environment and the therapeutic relationship in acute mental Health units: A cross-sectional study. Int J Ment Health Nurs 2019; 28(6): 1338-1346. IF 2.433. Q1.
Freezers and Cryopreservation
This service is dedicated to the maintenance and supervision of the centralized -20°C and -80°C large freezers area as well as the liquid nitrogen area.
• Monitoring of the process of supplying liquid nitrogen to the tanks
• Monitoring of the process of refilling the nitrogen tanks
• Process of supplying liquid nitrogen to portable containers
• Monitoring of proper freezer operation with a system of alarms connected to the IMIM Maintenance Service
• Assignment of space in the -80ºC freezers and LN2 containers
• Temperature control of all refrigeration units and issuing of reports
• Storage and distribution of dry ice
• Technical support and scientific consultancy and advisement
• 68 freezers of -80ºC ultra-low temperature
• 4 temperature-controlled rooms (Temp and O2 control in one room)
• 3 chambers of -20ºC
• 4 chambers of 4ºC
• 3 combined refrigerator/freezers (double sensor)
• 5 refrigerators
• 8 freezers of -20ºC
All the equipment has sensors to monitor the different parameters of the units.
Every week, the temperature records are sent to the different research groups that use the equipment. A total of 12 new requests for cryopreservation space were processed in 2019.
Cell Culture Service
• Preparation of cell culture media on demand. A total of 1,074 culture media were prepared under request.
• Mycoplasma test. A total of 309 applications for the mycoplasma test were received.
Cell line maintenance service
The bank has more than 140 tumor and normal cell lines, kept frozen in liquid nitrogen.
The service includes maintenance of cell lines, replacement of stocks and distribution of frozen vials to internal users under request.
Number of requests in 2019: 99
Sterilization and Cleaning
The Sterilization and Cleaning Service provides support for the research laboratories in keeping the facilities clean (lab tables, fume-cupboard glass, cabinets), as well as taking care of fungible material.
The service carries out daily sterilization controls and all records and reports are filed for examination.