The Behavioral Neurobiology Research Group was constituted in 2007 and is a recognized team in the study of the neurobiological substrate of psychiatric disorders and neurotoxicity, including drug addiction, affective disorders, psychiatric co-morbidity and schizophrenia.
Our group belongs to the Experimental and Health Sciences Department of Pompeu Fabra University and is located in the Barcelona Biomedical Research Park. Our team is member of the Addictive Disorders Network (Red de Trastornos Adictivos RTA-ISCIII) and was integrated in the Neurosciences Programme of IMIM for the translational research activity undertaken.
Main Publications with IMIM
• De Backer, Monlezun S, Detraux B, Gazan A, Vanopdenbosch L, Cheron J, Cannazza G, Valverde S, Cantacorps L, Nassar M, Venance L, Valverde O, Faure P, Zoli M, De Backer O, Gall D, Schiffmann SN, de Kerchove d'Exaerde A. Deletion of Maged1 in mice abolishes locomotor and reinforcing effects of cocaine. Embo Rep 2018; 19(9): e45089. IF 8.749. D1.
• Ferrer-Pérez C, Castro-Zavala A, Luján MÁ, Filarowska J, Ballestín R, Miñarro J, Valverde O, Rodríguez-Arias M. Oxytocin prevents the increase of cocaine-related responses produced by social defeat. Neuropharmacology 2018; 146: 50-64. IF 4.249. Q1.
• Luján MÁ, Castro-Zavala A, Alegre-Zurano L, Valverde O. Repeated Cannabidiol treatment reduces cocaine intake and modulates neural proliferation and CB1R expression in the mouse hippocampus. Neuropharmacology 2018; 143: 163-175. IF 4.249. Q1.
• Cantacorps L, González-Pardo H, Arias JL, Valverde O, Conejo NM. Altered brain functional connectivity and behaviour in a mouse model of maternal alcohol binge-drinking. Prog Neuro-Psychopharmacol Biol Psychiatr 2018; 84(Pt A): 237-249. IF 4.185. Q1.
• Portero-Tresserra M, Gracia-Rubio I, Cantacorps L, Pozo O, Gómez-Gómez A, Pastor A, López-Arnau R, de la Torre R, Valverde O. Maternal separation increases alcohol-drinking behaviour and reduces endocannabinoid levels in the mouse striatum and prefrontal cortex. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 2018; 28(4): 499-512. IF 4.129. Q1.