Social Epidemiology and Occupational Health
Consol Serra Pujadas
The Research Group in Social Epidemiology and Occupational Health (CISAL) is an IMIM research group led by Dr Consol Serra Pujadas.
CISAL is also part of the Department of Experimental and Health Sciences at the Pompeu Fabra University and is associated with CIBERESP. It is recognized as a consolidated group by the AGAUR.
CISAL studies occupational health issues with important implications for employees, businesses and governments and that are particularly relevant for social welfare systems. It aims for its research to be of use in improving worker health, evaluating the impact of preventive programmes in the workplace, and informing health policy priorities.
CISAL research focuses on a range of contemporary work-related health problems including, but not limited to, musculoskeletal disorders, workplace injuries, workplace prevention programs; and the determinants of sickness absence and temporary/permanent disability. Its research also emphasizes vulnerable groups of workers, with a focus on population ageing, women, migrants, and precarious employment.
CISAL is involved in the development of new measurement tools for the Spanish workforce and surveys of working conditions and health; it is also involved in ongoing research collaboration with institutions in Europe, North America and Latin America.
Jordi Delclòs Clanchet (Researcher)
Fernando García Benavides (Researcher)
David Gimeno Ruiz de Porras (Researcher)
María López Ruiz (Researcher)
José María Ramada Rodilla (Researcher)
Laura Serra Saurina (Researcher)
Mònica Ubalde López (Researcher)
Sergio Vargas Prada Figueroa (Researcher)
Julio César Hernando Rodríguez (PhD Student)
Mercè Soler Font (PhD Student)
Rocío Villar Vinuesa (PhD Student)
Montserrat Fernàndez Busquets (Research Assistant)
more info at IMIM
more info at CEXS-UPF
Main Publications with IMIM
• Serra L, López MA, Sánchez-Niubó A, Delclòs GL, Benavides FG. Application of latent growth modeling to identify different working life trajectories: the case of the Spanish WORKss cohort. Scand J Work Environ Health 2017; 43(1): 42-49. IF 4.071. D1.
• Merino-Salazar P, Artazcoz L, Cornelio C, Iñiguez MJ, Rojas M, Martínez-Iñigo D, Vives A, Funcasta L, Benavides FG. Work and health in Latin America: results from the working conditions surveys of Colombia, Argentina, Chile, Central America and Uruguay. Occup Environ Med 2017; 74(6): 432-439. IF 3.912. Q1.
• Alfonso JH, Bauer A, Bensefa-Colas L, Boman A, Bubas M, Constandt L, Crepy MN, Goncalo M, Macan J, Mahler V, Mijakoski D, Ramada JM, Rustemeyer T, Spring P, John SM, Uter W, Wilkinson M, Giménez-Arnau AM. Minimum standards on prevention, diagnosis and treatment of occupational and work-related skin diseases in Europe - position paper of the COST Action StanDerm (TD 1206). J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 2017; 31(Suppl 4): 31-43. IF 3.528. Q1.
• Mahler V, Aalto-Korte K, Alfonso JH, Bakker JG, Bauer A, Bensefa-Colas L, Boman A, Bourke J, Bubas M, Bulat P, Chaloupka J, Constandt L, Danielsen TE, Darlenski R, Dugonik A, Ettler K, Giménez-Arnau AM, Gonçalo M, Johansen JD, John SM, Kiec-Swierczynska M, Koch P, Kohánka V, Krecisz B, Larese Filon, Ljubojevic S, Macan J, Marinovic B, Matura M, Mihatsch PW, Mijakoski D, Minov J, Pace J, Pesonen M, Ramada JM, Rast H, Reljic V, Salavastru C, Schuster C, Schuttelaar ML, Simon D, Spiewak R, Jurakic Toncic R, Urbancek S, Valiukeviciene S, Weinert P, Wilkinson M, Uter W. Occupational skin diseases: actual state analysis of patient management pathways in 28 European countries. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 2017; 31(Suppl 4): 12-30. IF 3.528. Q1.
• López MA, Serra L, Delclòs GL, Benavides FG. Employment history indicators and mortality in a nested case-control study from the Spanish WORKing life social security (WORKss) cohort. PLoS ONE 2017; 12(6): e0178486. IF 2.806. Q1.
• López-Ruiz M, Benavides FG, Vives A, Artazcoz L. Informal employment, unpaid care work, and health status in Spanish-speaking Central American countries: a gender-based approach. Int J Public Health 2017; 62(2): 209-218. IF: 2.327. Q1.
• Beyond Return to Work: The Effect of Multimorbidity on Work Functioning Trajectories After Sick Leave due to Common Mental Disorders. J Occup Rehabil 2017; 27(2): 210-217. IF 1.713. Q1.
Ongoing Research Projects
• CEPS Project: Burden of Occupational Diseases treated at the Spanish National Health System
- Fondo de Investigación Sanitaria. ISCIII (PI16/00061)
- From 2017 to 2019.
- Principal investigator: Serra Pujadas, Consol
• Evaluation of a workplace-oriented multifactorial intervention aimed to musculoskeletal disorders prevention (INTEVAL_Spain)
- Fundación I+D Prevent
- From 2016 to 2017.
- Principal investigator: Serra Pujadas, Consol
• EBISA Project: Social welfare state and health: professional life, inability to work and mortality in a cohort of workers affiliated to the Social Security System, 2004-2013.
- Fondo de Investigación Sanitaria-ISCIII (PI14/00057)
- From 2015 to 2019
- Principal investigator: García Benavides, Fernando
C/ Doctor Aiguader, 88
(+34) 93 316 04 00