Rodrigo Alberto Rocamora Zúñiga
This group’s research focuses primarily on cognitive aspects and their correlation with surgical and electrophysiological procedures, as well as the pharmacotherapy of epilepsy and genetic diagnosis. To facilitate this it has established collaborations with national and international centres, including the Epilepsy Centre at the University of Freiburg, the Bonn Epilepsy Surgery Centre, and the Grenoble Epilepsy Centre. Nationally, there is ongoing cooperation with the Centre for Brain and Cognition (CBC), The Synthetic Perceptive, Emotive and Cognitive Systems group (SPECS), the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) and Pompeu Fabra University (UPF).
The Epilepsy Unit primarily focuses its research on specific aspects of diagnosing epileptic focus location, as well as the electrophysiological and cognitive correlates of brain recordings obtained using invasive electrophysiological techniques. It has also undertaken research into clinical pharmacology and comorbidities associated with epilepsy, especially in the field of psychiatry, sleep disorders and sudden death in epilepsy.
Adrià Tauste Campo (Researcher)
• Principe A, Calabria M, Tauste A, Cruzat J, Conesa G, Costa A, Rocamora R. Whole network, temporal and parietal lobe contributions to the earliest phases of language production. Cortex 2017; 95: 238-247. IF 4.279. D1.
• Vila-Vidal M, Principe A, Ley M, Deco G, Tauste A, Rocamora R. Detection of recurrent activation patterns across focal seizures: Application to seizure onset zone identification. Clin Neurophysiol 2017; 128(6): 977-985. IF 3.866. Q1.
• Officially recognised as an emerging research group by the Generalitat de Catalunya: Grup d’Epilèpsia (GE) (2017-2019)
- Agència de Gestió d’Ajuts Universitaris i de Recerca (SGR 455)
- Principal investigator: Principe, Alessandro
• Quevedo M. Role of the amygdala and the hippocampus in conscious perception and emotion processing in patients with drug resistant epilepsy. Pompeu Fabra University
- Directors: Dierssen, Mara; Rocamora Zúñiga, Rodrigo Alberto
- Date of defense: 21/12/2017
C/ Doctor Aiguader, 88
(+34) 93 316 04 00